Link Banner

Sabtu, 9 Jun 2018

Lantik Bekas Ahli UMNO Sebagai Penasihat Khas MB Perak Bukti Orang PH Kurang 'Cerdik'

Lantik Bekas Ahli UMNO Sebagai Penasihat Khas MB Perak Bukti Orang PH Kurang 'Cerdik'

MB Perak Ahmad Faizal Azumu 
PELANTIKAN bekas pemimpin Umno sebagai penasihat khas menteri besar Perak bertaraf exco di pertikai kumpulan Otai Reformis 98.

Dipercayai pertikaian ini bukan sahaja disuarakan Otai Reformasi 98 malah penyokong PH bawahan juga turut tidak berpuas hati.

Sebelum ini Dr Syed Husin Ali yang juga salah seorang pemimpin pelopor PKR memberi amaran kepada Pakatan Harapan (PH) tentang menerima wakil rakyat Umno, mengatakan penghijrahan besar-besaran pemimpinnya boleh berlaku di tengah-tengah spekulasi pendaftaran parti Melayu itu bakal dibatalkan.

Syed Husin juga berkata, dia khuatir dengan laporan beberapa wakil rakyat Umno diterima masuk dengan “mudah”.

Menurut Naib Pengerusi Amanah Perak Dr Muhaimin Sulam, Parti Amanah Negara (AMANAH) Perak walaupun bersikap terbuka atas kemasukan beramai-ramai terutamanya bekas para pemimpin dan pengikut Umno ke dalam Pakatan Harapan (PH) namun menolak ahli parti itu yang bobrok dan tidak bermoral.

Adun Sungai Manik,
Datuk Zainol Fadzi Paharudin
Setiausaha Otai Reformis 98, Akhi Nosa Iskandar menyifatkan tindakan Ahmad Faizal Azumu melantik Datuk Zainol Fadzi Paharudin sebagai “mengkhianati perjuangan” kumpulan itu menentang Umno dan Barisan Nasional (BN) sejak 1998, lapor Malaysiakini.

Pelantikan Adun Sungai Manik, Datuk Zainol Fadzi Paharudin sebagai penasihat khas menteri besar Perak dipercayai akan menerima bantahan hebat dikalangan Otai Reformis 98 berikutan penegasan kumpulan itu untuk Menteri Besar, Ahmad Faizal Azumu memberi penjelasan dalam tempoh seminggu.

Sekiranya gagal diberikan penjelasan maka Otai Reformasi 98 dan penyokong Pakatan Harapan (PH) akan mengadakan himpunan protes di depan bangunan Setiausaha Kerajaan Negeri Perak.

Pelantikan Datuk Zainol Fadzi Paharudin sebagai penasihat khas menteri besar Perak bertaraf exco membuktikan Pakatan Harapan tiada yang cerdik dan berkebolehan kecuali bekas ahli Umno.

Jumaat, 8 Jun 2018

Man arrested for rape of autistic stepdaughter

Man arrested for rape of autistic stepdaughter

Chaiyut Kongcharoen, 40, as seen in the warrant for his arrest was already apprehended in Cha-am district, Phetchaburi, late Thursday morning for alleged assault and rape of his 11-year-old autistic stepdaughter.

A 40-year-old man was arrested in Phetchaburi province on Thursday for the alleged assault and rape of his autistic stepdaughter, aged 11 years, after bank staff recognised him from a police "wanted" notice.

Deputy police spokesman Krisana Patanacharoen said Chaiyut Kongcharoen, 40, was apprehended in Cha-am district and would be returned to police in Krathum Baen district of Samut Sakhon, where the alleged offence occurred.

Mr Chaiyut was sought under a court arrest warrant. He was detained at a Krungthai Bank branch in Cha-am as he was using his passbook to withdraw money.

Bank staff recognised him from police photos shown on the media. Police also found 10 methamphetamine pills in his pocket, according to media reports.

Mr Chaiyut alleged confessed to the crime against his stepdaughter.

Police began a search for him on Wednesday.

He had taken his 11-year-old stepdaughter from their maternal grandparents in Ang Thong on Tuesday. He claimed her mother was seriously ill and he was taking the child to see her in Samut Sakhon.

On Wednesday he asked a taxi driver on Setthakit 1 Road in Krathum Baen district, Samut Sakhon, to take the unconscious girl to Krathum Baen Hospital. He said he found her unconscious on the roadside.

He told the driver he would report the matter to police and then go to the hospital. In fact, he went missing.

A doctor said the girl had been sexually assaulted and had bled heavily. She was in an intensive care unit and now out of danger.
Facebook blacklists Myanmar hardline Buddhist group

Facebook blacklists Myanmar hardline Buddhist group

Buddhist activist monk Parmaukkha shouts as newly released prisoners walk out from Insein prison in Yangon, Myanmar April 17, 2018. The ultranationalist monk has been banned from Facebook. (Reuters file photo)

Facebook has blacklisted a group of Myanmar Buddhist hardliners including monks notorious for bilious hate speech against Rohingya Muslims, the company said Thursday, as it scrambles to show it is tackling inflammatory content.

The social media company plays an outsized role in a country that has only recently come online and boasts 18 million accounts among the population of around 50 million people.

UN investigators have said that Facebook has morphed into a "beast" in the country and that hate speech and incitement to violence against the Rohingya are rampant on the site.

Some 700,000 Rohingya have fled a violent army crackdown in Myanmar to Bangladesh since August last year -- after years of increasingly violent and angry discourse against the minority, much of it playing out on Facebook.

In response, Facebook this week has undertaken its highest-profile visit yet to Myanmar.

It banned the Buddhist nationalist movement Ma Ba Tha from its platform, as well as a pair of prominent monks known for stoking hatred towards the Rohingya.

"They are not allowed a presence on Facebook, and we will remove any accounts and content which support, praise or represent these individuals or organisations," said Content Policy Manager David Caragliano.

Extremist monks Parmaukkha and Thuseitta join their fellow firebrand clergyman Wirathu on the blacklist, after he was banned in January.

Activists have criticised the platform for responding too slowly to reports of malicious posts, with some content being shared by users for more than 48 hours before being removed.

Examples include calls for the killing of a Muslim journalist and posts last September saying Buddhists and Muslims were each preparing attacks against the other.

Activists flagged these repeatedly to Facebook but it still took several days for the platform to act.

"We can do more, and we have been slow to respond," admitted Facebook Vice President of Public Policy in Asia-Pacific Simon Milner.

He said Facebook is increasing the number of people working on Myanmar from Singapore and Bangkok, including those who speak the language, although declined to give specific numbers.

The platform says it is also stepping up measures to prevent fake accounts and block repeat offenders while improving systems for users to report harmful content.

Myanmar activists welcomed the high profile visit but urged the platform to be more transparent.

"What is the time it takes to remove harmful content? How many people do we have in the team that speak Myanmar?" tech hub Phandeeya CEO Jes Kaliebe Petersen asked.

"Users deserve to know."

Facebook is caught up in a data sharing scandal that also stirred furious debate on its responsibilities for the content users share including "fake news" and hate speech.

Khamis, 7 Jun 2018

At least 99 dead as Guatemala volcano threatens new eruptions

At least 99 dead as Guatemala volcano threatens new eruptions

Relatives mourn during the funeral of 20-year-old Erick Rivas, a victim of the Fuego volcano eruption, in Alotenango municipality, Sacatepequez, about 65 km southwest of Guatemala City, on June 06, 2018. (AFP photo)

ESCUINTLA. Guatemala: Explosions boomed from Guatemala's fearsome Fuego volcano Wednesday, unleashing fresh torrents of mud and ash down slopes, as the death toll from a previous eruption rose to at least 99.

Fears of a new blowup of the 3,763-metre volcano have stalked rescue workers since Sunday's eruption buried entire villages on its southern flank.

The National Forensic Sciences Agency said in a report Wednesday that morgues had received the remains of 99 people killed as a result of the eruption.

Only 28 have been identified so far, it said.

"We already have data with names and locations where there are missing persons and that number is 192," Sergio Cabanas, head of Guatemala's disaster management agency, told reporters earlier in the day.

A smoke column billows from the lower part of the Fuego volcano near Guatemala City on June 5, 2018

Experts warned Wednesday that heavy rains in the area could provoke avalanches due to the large flows of volcanic mud, known as lahars, since the eruption on Sunday.

Volcanologists recorded the volcano exploding several times an hour Wednesday, which generated a fresh 4,700 metre high column of gray ash.

"The explosions are generating moderate avalanches that have an approximate distance of 800 to 1,000 metres," the Volcanology Institute said.

It said the lahars could sweep down the mountain laden with concrete, rocks up to a meter (yard) in diameter and tree trunks.

"The activity continues and the possibility of new pyroclastic flows in the next hours or days cannot be ruled out, so it is recommended not to remain near the affected area," it said.

Emergency workers had to temporarily suspend their search late Tuesday after a new eruption triggered a landslide.

Hundreds of people were evacuated from seven communities in the Escuintla area near the summit, as panicked locals rushed to their cars to escape, causing chaotic traffic.

An AFP photographer saw a large plume of ash rise into the sky, prompting an evacuation of everyone authorities could find before the police, the military and rescuers were ordered to stand down.

Hundreds of rescue workers, including firefighters, police and the military, were battling adverse conditions to search for remains in the tangled morass of rubble, dust and earth left behind by the landslides.

General Walter Sanchez, in charge of operations around the epicenter of the destruction near the village of El Rodeo, said the heat from the ash and hot sediment made rescue work difficult.

Firefighters hosed down their smoking boots, which had sunk into molten volcanic material just below the ash surface.

Everything in the search area was covered in a thick blanket of dust. In the murk created by the dust, police were using red ink to mark homes that had already been searched for bodies.

More than 12,000 people have been evacuated from their homes, the disaster management agency said, with over 3,000 of them housed in temporary shelters.

On the slopes Wednesday, local volunteers distributed food to rescue workers, and columns of cars handed out food, water, toilet paper, diapers and other necessities to residents.

Some residents said they had organized themselves to prevent looting that they claimed occurred on the first night of the disaster.

(Video YouTube/ABC News)

The killer eruption was the Central American country's strongest in four decades.

It sent huge clouds of ash barreling over the surrounding area, blanketing roads, cars and people in thick gray dust as a river of molten mud carved a path down the mountain, sweeping away entire villages.

Officials said the speed and ferocity of the eruption took mountain communities by surprise, with many of the dead found in or around their homes.

Despite offers of international help from the United States, Mexico and several Latin American neighbors, Guatemalan authorities have not made a request for foreign aid.

The foreign ministry said disaster management agency CONRED would help determine any such request.

"We are ready when CONRED, as the governing body of emergency management, authorize us to make an appeal," the ministry said in a statement.

President Jimmy Morales has been criticized on social media for passively waiting to react to offers of international aid.

The head of the International Red Cross Francesco Rocca is due to visit the country on Thursday, the Geneva-based agency said.

Meanwhile, the US Air Force was to "transport six Guatemalan children injured by the recent eruption" for treatment in Texas on Wednesday, the American military said.
Hero Cop Saves Muslim Boy from Mob in Uttarakhand, Celebrated on Twitter

Hero Cop Saves Muslim Boy from Mob in Uttarakhand, Celebrated on Twitter

A Sikh police officer saved a Muslim youth from being attacked by an angry Hindu mob in Uttarakhand’s Nainital district on Tuesday.A video of the incident has gone viral on social media.The incident happened near Garjia Devi temple in an isolated area, about 15 km from Ramnagar town.

According to Social Media Sources:

Sikh cop saved the life of a Muslim youth from the hands of fascist hindutava mob.

Gagandeep Singh yesterday saved a life of one muslim guy in crowd who wanted him to handover that guy to them so that they can punish him themselves !

He is real Sardar who obeys words of our tenth guru Shri Guru Gobind Singh ji , he proved to be real Sikh ! At one side, Hindutva goons show continuous hate toward sikhs, dalits and muslims and attacking them but On The other hand, As reported by Jagran, Arif Khan, a devout Muslim and the president of the National Association for Parents and Students Rights in Dehradun, Uttarakhand, broke his Ramzan fast before Iftar – to save a life.20-year old Ajay Bijlawan, admitted to the Max Hospital in Dehradun, was in a critical condition, and his blood platelet number had dropped drastically – dipping to some 5000. The normal range is 150,000 to 450,000 platelets per microliter of blood. Ajay needed a transfusion of A+ blood urgently, as the only means to save his life.





Uttarakhand: The video of a Sikh police officer’s bravery went viral on social media when he intervened and saved a Muslim boy from a mob in Uttarakhand’s Ramnagar.

On May 22, Sub-Inspector Gagandeep Singh was alerted to a possible communal flare-up near Girija Devi temple, which is close to the Jim Corbett Tiger Reserve frequented by tourists.-LINK THIS

Selepas jumpa BN, parti utama Sarawak tinggal BN

Selepas jumpa BN, parti utama Sarawak tinggal BN

KUALA LUMPUR, 7 Jun ― Parti Pesaka Bumiputera Bersatu (PBB), parti terbesar yang mentadbir Sarawak dijangka keluar Barisan Nasional (BN).

Presidennya menyatakan hasrat itu kepada Perdana Menteri Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad pada 31 Mei lalu, lapor The Malaysian Insight memetik sumber.

Datuk Patinggi Abang Johari Tun Openg juga akan menyokong Pakatan Harapan (PH) dalam hal melibatkan kepentingan Sarawak dan Malaysia.

Ketua menteri Sarawak itu kemudian dilaporkan berjumpa pemangku presiden Umno Datuk Seri Ahmad Zahidi Hamidi di sini namun dipujuk supaya kekal dalam BN.

“Zahid memberitahu Abang Jo bahawa BN akan hancur jika PBB keluar,” kata sumber dipetik.

PBB yang mempunyai 19 kerusi parlimen, memberi alasan bimbang kalah pilihan raya negeri 2021 jika terus berada dalam BN yang terpalit skandal rasuah, lapor portal itu lagi.

Google+ Followers